Monday, December 10, 2007

It aint easy.

Not pimping. No, trying to be a cold-hearted atheist (jerk).

I've recently taken a few leaps in the direction I consider to be "good"; career choices that will present me with the opportunity to do some real good in the world. No, I'm not joining the Peace Corps.

Good.

Over time, I've come to realize the term in itself means almost everything this world has to offer, while simultaneously being an absolute joke. Every last person in the world is presented with a number of options as to what makes them happy, and "good" certainly is an optional selection. Wealth (subsequently, good health, heh) comes independently of character:alignment.
Even then, it's a subjective matter. Many people could tell you exactly what they believe to be the start and stop of what good is. There are just as many others who couldn't distinguish "good" from selfishness.

It rather upsets me when I consider how many (many) people believe their purpose in life is to consume, to waste away the world. That once they're stuffing their face with some pudding (:) they've earned their place in this world.

On this subject (and a few others) I've come to piece together is that intent means absolutely nothing. To want to do good, to even think well of good acts, it means absolutely nothing. To reward good deeds and to commit them, that's what counts. Basically, I need to get off my tail. And am doing so... sorta. At this moment, I'm actually twiddling my thumbs waiting for papers to go through here and there, for computers to "think", and for (hopefully) a trio of 7's to line up.

To those whom it may concern: If I come across as someone who's put more thought into what constitutes the world he lives in (thusly is more prepared to do good, at all costs), give me C-CSPA.
If I strike you as mentally unstable/a liability, give me AGA. Please.

By the way: Hi, I'm Joe (Ether(Fox) works great/better even). My middle name is Rude, and thank you Salty for letting me be a part of the IS Project.

4 comments:

Invin said...

I thought you were Salt and was utterly confused until I got to the end.

Good writing Ether :)

Salt Krakah said...

Hahaha

We fooled j00! :P

EtherFox said...

Ya, I felt I needed to get some distinct hint out as soon as possible. Thanks, Invin.
By the by, I say we incorporate you into this... whether you want to or not. :D

Salt Krakah said...

Oh, it's already done. :)