Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jonesin' for a . . . Well, Not This.

Do you ever have something about yourself that's just off? For instance, I've been having trouble distinguishing between the words "you're" and "your." This is something I never really dealt with in the past, and I'm not sure why I've all of a sudden become grammatically handicapped. Sometimes I wonder if I should just start doing drugs, because I've already got the side effects.

You know what I think it is? Poetic justice. I sometimes look down on people who don't spell well, or who seem not to bother with practicing proper English, so I think my struggle is fitting.

Blah. I've got nothing for a post today. Sorry, kids.

In other news, though, black cherry Jones Soda isn't as good as you might think it is. No sir.

It's almost Christmas! (sort of)

2 comments:

EtherFox said...

"Your" is possessive. Just remember when writing it's the one exception (I can think of) to the "apostrophe, possessive" rule;

Or just remember to read "You're" as "You are" and it should sorta resolve.

Now get back to hating on the willingly illiterate.

-E.F. aka Joe

Invin said...

I totally signed up for a google account just to leave you comments, krakah! Your blog is head and shoulders above 99% of the stuff I read in my daily interweb journeys.

Your appreciation for our English language gives me hope.